Profile image for peterw6889

I've had a number of calls from a company offering to get a refund on mis-sold PP Insurance -- IT'S A SCAM. They are just trying to get bank details.K.Comm have checked the line -- 02070603887.It isn't registered to any company but is available to rent.BEWARE

By peterw6889 at 15:31 on 06/03/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for Emma_Pearson

I have just recently had a land line fitted in my house with KC and bearing in mind it is ex-directory I am also having phone calls about PPI. It is very annoying and what can be done to stop the calls?

By Emma_Pearson at 10:25 on 09/03/12

• Profile image for peterw6889

Hi Emma, I'm ex-directory as well yet they knew my full name!I think this can only have come from the practise some companies have of selling details of there customers to third parties!

By peterw6889 at 20:26 on 09/03/12

• Profile image for Zeek_36

Hi guys, you could try registering your telephone number with ( Telephone Preference Service ) just google TPS and its free to do too, this removes your number from databases which companies sell on to each other, I did mine about three years ago with great results.

By Zeek_36 at 00:40 on 10/03/12

• Profile image for Emma_Pearson

Hi Peter, they don't get the right name when they call me and when I say that I am not that person they say... "Oh sorry she must have lived at your address previosuly"..... to which I reply.... "bit impossible seen as though I bought it before the house was even built" haha. I am defintiely going to try the TPS system just because it is really annoying having these phone calls.

By Emma_Pearson at 08:55 on 10/03/12

• Profile image for peterw6889

Hello again.I am registered with the TPS but calls still sneak through.K.C. told me the only sure way is to have calls intercepted and screened,too much hassle so i'll stick with casting doubt on their ancestory when I get really fed up of them!

By peterw6889 at 12:54 on 10/03/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent